Friday, May 21, 2004

Does everyone know what time it is?

Crunch time!! That's right, the crazyness of midterms has passed, giving way to the insanity of the end of the quarter. I now must beging thinking about the second 20-30 page lab write up due on finals day, as well as the 32 plant collection to put together for my plant taxonomy class.

This week was bookended w/ tests, neither of which went as well as I'd've liked. Monday was an Ecology test, for which I didn't have nearly enough time to complete, even though I feel I knew the material (I had just started the 1st of 2 essay questions with about 5 minutes left in class). Then today, Friday, I had a test in Plant Taxonomy. I knew this one was going to be hard, and it was. Trying to remember if it was the Asteraceae or the Saxifragaceae with *,5,5,10 as it's floral formula. Anyone know? Neither did I.

On a totally different note, I'm sitting here in the collegium at school, waiting for my next class, and am once again reminded of how different I am (in a good way, this time). They are playing a movie this afternoon: The Cooler. It's about Vegas, and has some good actors in it. However, no more than 7 minutes into the movie, Alec Baldwin (whom I really enjoy) starts swaring up a storm. That is followed shortly by a scene where a gal seduces the main character and "goes to bed" with him. At that point, I decided I had work to do on the computer, where a wall nicely blocks my view of the TV. It's funny how the other people in the collegium noticed that I was bothered by the content. Like I said, its times like these when I remember that I'm different-and in a good way.

Oh, one final thought: for those of you who have worked retail before and haven't checked out the post on the Iffageek blog, I highly recomded you do. The post is titled "things i wish i could say..." and dated 5.13.2004. Give it a look-see.

One final note: someone just walked into the colleguim and said "is this table occupied, or can I sit and watch the sex?" Just thought I'd reiterate my earlier point.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home