Friday, April 02, 2004

Update part two

Ok, here's another update on grad school. Yesterday afternoon I had an informational meeting at UW about the program and the interview process. The meeting was good; I got some info about the program itself as well as hearing about the basic philosophy of teaching of the school (which I'm mostly in agreement w/, which is really good). The first 4 of the 5 quarters of the program include "field work" (ie time in a JH/HS classroom), so that's really cool. On the downside, I'm pretty sure (95%) that I'll have to take the WEST-E test, which is a beast.

Just so you know, my interview time is on April 20th from 1:30 until 3:30pm. Decision letters will be mailed the first or second week of May. There are 118 students currently going to the interview phase, and 80-85 of them will be accepted to the program. So that's what I'm looking at as far as odds of getting in.

Well, I'm not so good at updating this thing, but I think the important stuff is here. Hope it's good enough for now.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home