Thursday, January 20, 2005

Ok, I suck

I don't care how many times people tell me "Oh, you'll make a great teacher." They aren't sitting in on my methods class watching me fail miserably. If my methods class has done nothing else it has made me question my ability to teach. Every time I get up to teach and try something, even after I feel like I've done a good job it gets torn to pieces and needs to be totally rethought. Anything that I do that does get complemented is usually something I wasn't aware I did, so that doesn't really help much.

My only saving grace this quarter is my adolescent development class. I really enjoy that class. In fact, it's the only class I've been able to say that about since I entered the program. I really don't have anything I don't like about the class. Can you believe it?

Seriously, those of you who knew me in HS would totally recognize my behavior in my classes now. Remember my reaction to Mrs. Wall, Mr. Kirkpatric, Mrs. Stubbs, etc? Yeah, well it all came back. I really haven't been this frustrated w/ school since HS, which is really too bad. I was expecting to really enjoy all my classes since it's what I want to do w/ my life; think again.

Things really aren't terrible, it's just frustrating that it's frustrating. But tomorrow I'm going to have a good day w/o class and in the evning I'll be doing games w/ friends so I'm looking forward to that. Gotta have something to pull me thru...

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home