Thursday, April 21, 2005

Skyview, here I come

Well, as of about 3:30 this afternoon I'm done with my TEP classes for an entire month (I still have my Wed. night class, but that's a credit/no credit bology class). Starting Monday I'll be back at Skyview Junior High for an entire month.

I'm both excited and nervous to go back. I'm really excited to get to do more teaching and to be with the students again, but I'm also nervous that I'll totally fall on my face and suck as a teacher. I pulled out my seatting chart w/ the students' picutres and names, only to realize that I remember only about 20% of them. : / I'm going to try to review them between now and Monday, but there's no way I'll get them all by then. I'm just going to have to do my best.

I'll be at Skyview for 4 weeks this time and will be required to teach at least 2 periods for at least 2 weeks. I hope I'll be able to do a bit more than that, but we'll see. The topics we'll be covering also contribute both to my excitement and my nervousness. We're doing earth science topics: a modeling project w/ the sea floor, geologic time(line), and rocks and fossils. I'm excited because all the topics sound really cool and I can't wait to dive into them. I'm nervous, however, because I've never really learned much of those topics myself. I've never taken an oceanography or geology class, and what I do know/remember comes from when I was in 8th grade and what I've gone over w/ the student I tutor who's doing earth science at another school. I'm sure I'll do fine, but it does contribute to my worry.

God has been good to me, though. No tutoring this week because my students have been testing all week, and I've not really have much HW of my own to do. That has allowed me to be more rested than usual, which is good, since I have M's games all weekend. But hopefully I'll be rested enough from this week that I'll be ready to go on Monday morning!

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home