Sunday, March 13, 2005

Working like mad

...or maybe I just should be. Seriously, I have so much to do in the next 3 days that I just can't get started on it (some of you may know the feeling I'm talking about). I spent nearly 8 hours on Friday working on my unit plan. That was a long day of working hard. By 4:30pm when I e-mailed it to my prof my creativity was definatly shot. Thankfully I had an escape waiting for me: I went and had dinner w/ Ian and Katie. It was great to see them and just chill.

Yesterday consisted of a drive down to SeaTac for a teacher's professional development workshop/conference thing. It was actually pretty cool. I was invited to go from a science teacher at Skyview who's involved in it and got a chance to meet the superintendent of the Northshore School District (a little intimidating and I'm sure she won't remember me, but I'm sure it was good). At the conference I took a safety module (acutally, it was more like a "here's cool demos" module) and an astronomy module. The astronomy one was especially great because I'll be teaching astronomy this spring when I go back to Skyview.

On my way home from there Paul called and invited me over to his place for dinner and games that night. So I putzed around for a while avoiding my next due assignment and then goofed around that night. Cool time.

Now I'm at the point where I've napped the afternoon away and must begin thinking about going back to church for our Praise-n-Baptism event, even though I have an 8-12 page paper due tomorrow that I haven't started on. I have a feeling Monday will closely resemble Friday...

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home