Sunday, February 20, 2005

Horray for Dead Presidents!

Thanks to 2 presidents being born around this time of year I don't have class tomorrow. Boy am I thankful! While my time at Skyview wasn't always the most thrilling, it was far better than my time at UW, and going back is not something I'm looking forward to. I'd much rather spend the last 3 weeks of the quarter at Skyview than back at UW, but oh well.

As a recap of Skyview, my 4 days of teaching went well, on the whole. There were many things I would have liked to do better, but seeing as it was my first go at it, I feel it went pretty well. And yes, the lesson in the dark went relativly smoothly. (Actually, that's when the principal decided to come and see how the class was going; He didn't know I was teaching that period, but nevertheless, that's when he came) My period followed directions well. The 5th period class, however, had someone throw ice in the dark so we had to stop the lab. Too bad, too, 'cause it's a fun lab that they missed out on. I'm doing alright on student names, though there are still many (mostly girls) who I need to work on. My interactions w/ my CT are going well and we seem to be able to work well together.

One frustrating thing about having to go to class this week is that my JH students all get to be on midwinter break this week. They go on break and I go back to my classes. : / Oh well, such is life.

I think this week will actually be fairly boring. Both the students I'm tutoring are in Mexico this week, so no work. And my friends that are now teachers also have the week off and as such have filled their weeks w/ lots to do. But oh well, such is life.

Ummm, not really anything else of interest to post at the moment, I just felt like I shoud put something up here.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home