Saturday, June 18, 2005

Up in the air

That's the response I give to people when the ask what my plans are for this summer: "Up in the air." I'm still waiting on a solid job for the summer. I've been trying to get something thru my dad at Microsoft Studios, but they're waiting on a client. Then he gave me the name and number for another company that does production-type work, but I only left the lady a message today and she didn't call me back. And so it's the waiting game.

The part that bothers me about that is scheduling other things for the summer. I have JH events, weddings, bachelor parties, and the like that all depend on what work I do or do not get. There is also the part that, because I don't yet have a job, I'm just sitting at home doing nothing when I could be earning money, which sorta' makes me feel guilty.

I have to constantly remind myself that God has always provided a job for me when I've needed it, even when the timing wasn't what I thought it should be. I know God will provide as I need...my human-ness, though, makes me tend to worry that I still don't know what's going on. As most of you probably know, I like to plan ahead and not having a plan for something as soon as next week can grate on me in a relatively short ammount of time.

Other than that, things are going well. I've got a new hard drive and that's up and running (though that didn't happen easily). Since my Wednesday night class is over I'm able to go to JH group on Wednesdays again, which is nice. Oh, and the new version of MediaShout has been released, which I think is really cool. Now I'm just waiting for a trial version so I can start tinkering with it...

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home