Tuesday, December 06, 2005

God is so funny!

Don't you love it that God knows so much better than we do? There are so many times when we don't see that and don't undersand that (I say "we" meaning "me"), but God can be so funny when He shows us that yes, He is indeed in control despite what we think.

So I've been stressing a little, though not too much, about work now that I'm almost done at Skyview (tomorrow's my last day). I've been praying off and on that God would provide me a job, but I've also been honnest w/ God that I really don't want to do retail again. So anyway, the closer to being done I've gotten the more I've felt...pressure about not having a job. So Saturday morning I got to my haircut early and decided to fill the time by doing my quite time, and while praying I was talking to God about a job again and told Him that I realize I need to trust Him and not worry about it, but also that I need to take the opportunity He brings and I asked help on that.

Anyway, that afternoon I got a call from my friend Paul who had a family emergency come up and he needed me to help fill in w/ some video work that night; he said he called other people but I was the only one he could get ahold of (what a coincidence). So boom, just like that God provided work and money just hours after I had been praying about it.

Then this week hits, and all these other opportunities come up. I just mailed my application to BCS for substituting today (I'd really like to stay w/ education somehow, since that's what I want to do), I got information (that seems hopeful) about being a para-education sub (like a teacher's aid), heard about a student who got kicked out of Study Table (after school homework help program) that I might offer to tutor, got an e-mail from a friend (Dawn) about data-entry work (which would be way better than retail), and then just, like minutes ago, got an e-mail from a parent who got my name from the mom of a studnet I tutored last year asking if I'd be interested in tutoring her son.

WOW! Can God provide or what?!

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home