Friday, March 10, 2006

Grad School Grad

Well, its official, I have now finished my Master in Teaching degree and am done with my program at the U! These last 2 years (5 quarters, acutally) have really flown by and it's amazing to realize that I've got a full time teaching job, a real job, already and I'm well on may way into my career.

The updates on the teaching thing haven't been coming all that quickly, mostly because I barely have time to breathe. I work late, but am generally good about not bringing work home (this weekend being an exception to that).

Overall the teaching thing is going well. This week was a rough one, both with student interactions and just the amount of work and lack of rest I've been getting. I'm more tired this week than I have been in a while.

Some good, but scarry news, is that the rumor is that my principal wants to hire me next year for the position I have now. Part of me is excited about that, and part of me isn't sure that's what I want. I still would like to move farther north, and in a perfect world, would teach at Skyview. I think I also have some negative associations with this postion, mainly because of the crazy circumstances that I came into and the difficulty that has proved to be. But we will see. I'm leaving next fall up to God. He did a great job of getting me hired before I thought I'd be in the first place, and I know He's got a plan for me for next fall as well.

Ok, that's all the update you get 'cause my head is all fuzzy and I need to get some sleep so I can be semi-coherient...

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home