Friday, February 03, 2006

Whirllwind

This past week has been crazy. Some of you have been in on it and some haven't, so here are some of the details, broken down by day of the week:

Monday: While subbing at Skyview JH I began the online application for the Lake Washington School District. Knowing I wouldn't be certified until mid-March, I left a few forms and such to submit later this week.

Tuesday: While at school at the U, I get a message on my cell from the vice principal of Skyview asking me to call the principal of Kirlkand Junior High School about a job. During the conversation, which took place between classes, the principal told me about a full time science position they needed to fill ASAP and would I interview for it. I agreed and set the interview time for the following day after school.

Wednesday: I subbed all day at Skyview. Several of the faculty there were giving me advice about the school and the interview process; they were all tremendously supportive. My interview was at 3:30 with the principal, vice principal, administrative intern, and two science teachers. It was intimidating and challenging, but I felt I did my best, especially given the short amount of time to prepare.

Thursday: While in the first period class before school began I got a call from the principal offering me the position to begin on Monday. I told her I'd call her that afternoon with a descision. I went through the day waiting for some reason to not accept the job, but none came, so after school I returned her call and accepted the position.

In 70 hours (less than 3 days) I went from application to job offer. Needless to say, I've had to totally rethink and shift my plan for the rest of the year! The job will be from Monday until the end of the school year. There are many details I don't know yet, but will hopefully find out soon. I'm excited and nervous all at once, wanted to get started planning and wanted to have time to breathe before the torrents come.

Thank you to all who have been praying me through this, God has provided so far beyond anything I could have asked or hoped for. Unfortunatly I may seen some of you less than I do now (which itself might not be much), but know it's not because I'm ignoring you, but rather because I don't have time to breath. : ) There are many more details to the story that I'd be happy to share if you're interested, but this post is already long enough.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home