Saturday, June 23, 2007

End is Near

I'm down to 3 hours left of the school year. 3 hours, 2 classes, and I'm done w/ my first full year of teaching. Its crazy to think about. I was reading what my students wrote in my yearbook this morning and couldn't help but smile. While I know its true that when you get to the end of whatever event you're thinking about you usually remember the good and convienently forget some of the bad (hence "the good ole' days"), but there's still truth in what they've written.

While I still have miles to go to be the teacher I strive to be, one of my main goals as a teacher seems to have been met: show students that science can be fun and share my enjoyment of the subject with them. Though there were a variety of comments, one theme was definatly that they enjoyed my class, the content, and the subject. That's really encouraging that I seem to have met that major goal of mine.

I know its been...4 months or so since my last post, but I've been busy, for one, and I don't know how interesting it would be to post about my school days. Yes, there are some interesting stories, but often is the same daily work way to late and stuff. Hopefully next year will be easier and I'll be able to post a bit more often.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home