Sunday, July 08, 2007

My Civic Duty

Well, tomorrow I begin my first round of Jury Duty. I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand I'm excited about having the chance to see what its really like in a courtroom and actually get to participate in our judicial process. On the other hand, I really don't want to get stuck in a really long, drawn out trial that I can't talk about and have to keep going into Seattle for. Its for two days if I don't get on a jury and until its done if I do.

In other news, I had the wonderful privilage this past week to participate in the first part of the leadership retreat w/ the high school youth group from church. It was a great time on so many levels. It was really the first time since I joined HS staff that I've been able to feel connected and involved with the group. I feel like I was able to get to know the leaders well, and re-connect with the studnets (I had most of them as JHers a few years ago). It was also a great way to really feel like I'm on summer break. Up until Sunday, I was feeling like it was just a long weekend. Getting away from the norm really has helped me separate myself from work and re-focus on other things.

There have been other things going on this week, some good and some less than good, but I'm not going to get into them at the moment. I'm still easing my way back into blogging, and I'm not sure anyone is reading this anyway, so I'll just leave it at that for now. : )

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home