Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mr. Palmer = Tired

When people ask how I'm doing or how school is going so far, the basic answer I give is: its going well, but I'm really tired. I don't remember being this tired last year, but that could be because I was running on adreneline, since it was my first real beginning of the year. This year is different, as I really have much more of a feeling of where I'm heading, but I'm also still working really long hours.

And with that, I've actually been fairly frustrated w/ myself this week, since I've had at least one night of leaving after 8pm, one of leaving after 7, and several right around 7. I really don't want to be working as much as I do, yet I don't seem to be able to avoid it.

The one good thing I'm trying to let myself see in all this is that I haven't had to go into school at all on the weekends yet. This was my 'first step' goal I set last year: get my weekends back. "Then," I said, "I can work on reducing how long I work during the week." This is very true, as I'd rather work late during the week and not have to work on the weekend, but really, I'd rather not work late OR on the weekends.

I don't know why its been bothering me so much; I don't have things I'm itching to do at home or people to see or anything, I guess I just don't like that I'm working so late because its just that: late. I've also had many things beyond the normal teaching stuff that's contributed to my late staying, one of which, the school website, has been really frustrating and hasn't helped my attitude while staying late.

But yeah, the students are good and I feel like the year's started out really well. Things look like they're going to be good this year. I know they won't be perfect, but I'm hopeful. But enough of my ranting, I need to chill before reality starts again tomorrow.

PS - We're doing a school fundraiser, selling magazines, for the next week or so, so if you feel so inclined, would you mind contributing? I'll post info in the next few days. Thanks!

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home