Sunday, July 22, 2007

Deathly Hallows #5

Chapter 19
Ok, I definatly wasn't expecting anything like this! So Ron's Deluminator has the ability to take him to where Harry and Hermionie are...seems odd. I hope we find out how it works!

And finally, halfway thru the book, we have the first horcrux destroyed. And it seems not to be as hard as I would have thought. Now that they have the sword, they just have to resist the temptations that come from the soul fragment and puncture the object w/ the sword. Of course, they have to actually find the objects first, which they aren't so keen on.

But who's patronus was the doe? Because its a female dear, I wonder if its a girl who conjured it, but I don't know. A doe is the "opposite" of a stag, Harry's patronus, so maybe they're related somehow? But that doesn't make sense, because Harry's mom is dead, he doesn't have a sister, and Ginny's patronus isn't a doe (besides I don't know how she'd know where to send it). Maybe Bathilda Bagshot's patronus was a doe, and somehow it survived post-humasly? Or something?

*******
One non-chapter related thought: you know the bag Harry is carrying around that Hagrid gave him? It seems oddly similar to what Voldemort did. He has objects, tokens, that are significant to him, and he just carries them around with him. I don't know if this is important, or if it is, how, but I thought it was an interesting similarity.
*******

Ack, things are coming so fast I don't feel like I have time to write/reflect about them all. Of course, the things that just happened are foremost on my mind, currently. So the next thoughts come from Chapters 20 -22:

Basically, I think Harry's all wrong when it comes to the Deathly Hallows. Too often he gets an idea in his head and he's 100% wrong about it. While the objects themselves may truely exist, Hermione's right that they should stick to finding Horcruxes, not the items of the Hallows. No, I don't think the ring is in the snitch, the the invisibility cloack may be real.

This book has a distinctly different feel than the other's in the series. I don't know if its because you can feel the end coming or maybe because we're not at Hogwarts at all (though I do think we'll end up there evetually).

Its nice to have Ron back, and Hermione talking to him again, but it seems like the 3 of them are rarely united in what they're doing. Ron left, then he came back, but Hermione wouldn't talk to him, then Harry gets the idea about the Hallows, but Ron & Hermione don't agree (and neither do I)...its just a bit frustrating.

One last comment before I make some dinner: I really like the Potterwatch radio, especially the code-names for the individuals. JK Rowling has alwasy been good w/ her character and spell names, and these just highlight that. Lee JORDAN is "River," REMUS Lupin is "Romulus" (from mythology, 2 brothers raised by wolves), KINGSly is "Royal"...I just think its amusing. :)

Ok, I think I'm going to make waffles for dinner, then probably more reading. My updates will slow once tomorrow hits because I'll be back in class during the day, but fear not, I'll continue to update you with my thoughts and such as they come. Hope you are enjoying the book as much as I am!

Labels:

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home