Monday, July 23, 2007

Deathly Hallows #6

Up to Chapter 34
So much has happened, and I was intrenched in a part where I couldn't put the book down. Now its nearly 1:30am and I need to go to bed, as well as reaching a point where I feel I can stop and not feel compelled to keep reading.

MAJOR SPOILERS TO FOLLOW

Basically, I'm really dissapointed. I know we don't have all the details yet, but I have a feeling this is pretty close to the truth. Dumbledore seems to be an "ends justify the means" type of person. He did what he thought was right, but unfortunatly it was wrong. I'm really dissapointed in his character; I always thought more highly of him than that. I still haven't had the time to process all the details, but dissapointed is probably the best word to describe how I feel (in case you haddn't noticed).

And as for Snape, of course Rowling found the solution that was neither "good" not "bad". He was opperating under Dumbledore's orders and was on the "good" side in that sense, but I still hold that he is not "good". All he was doing was because of his own selfish motives, his love for Lilly, Harry's mom. As I suspected, he was in it for himself, not really on either side, but rather on the side of himself.

Ok, enough for tonight. I have a little over 50 pages left, so I'm sure I'll finish tomorrow, either before class or during lunch if I can. Just so you know, this will take some time to process before I really know how I feel about the book (I know I'm not done yet, but I feel the end approaching).

Oh, and interesting that even though Harry isn't technically a horcrux, he does have part of Voldemort in him like a horcrux...

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home