Thursday, July 17, 2008

Washington State Month

I think I've seen more new places in the last 3 days than I have in a long, long time. Ben and I went over to the Olympic Peninsula Monday thru Wednesday and had a great time! We started w/ a ferry ride from Edmonds to Kingston, up highway 101 to Sequim.

Let me just say: I really loved Sequim! Not just the town, but the surrounding area as well. The land by the Dungeness Spit was amazingly beautiful. Of course it was windy and cold, but beautiful, none the less. I really liked the area and would love to have a vacation home up there someday (yeah, right). We also drove thru a game farm that has bunches of different animals. It was cool to see some of them and have others slobber all over my car windows (yuck!).

We then proceded to Port Angeles, couldn't find a place for dinner, had trouble sleeping as cars barrled past our room and the upstairs people decided that 3:30 am was a great time for a party, and quickly move into Tuesday. : )

Tuesday was great, except for waiting in all the traffic to get up to Hurricane Ridge. The view was great and the flowers were beautiful. Ben and I decided that the peninsula's unofficial colors are white, purple, and green, as we saw nothing but those colors the entire trip.

We did alot of driving Tuesday, as we also hit the Hoh Rainforest and then drove all the way down to Aberdeen, hitting the Pacific coast beach on the way. Yet another great day, this time with a cheeper motel with better accomodations.

Wednesday was continental breakfast w/ fresh waffles (!!!!) then continuing home to make sure I made my SMT Safari meeting. Ben wasn't feeling good, unfortunatley, so I dropped him off at home to rest and recover and proceeded w/ the rest of my day.

Sunday I head out for Spokane for 2 weeks. I really have mixed feelings about that trip. Part of me is excited and knows it'll be a good time, the other part of me is afraid it'll be alot of work, I won't understand what's going on, and that I'll be lonely being by myself in an unfamiliar town. Boredom is definatly something I'm going to have to work to avoid. Ah well, I did it to myself. At least I'm still going to have internet access while I'm there!

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home