Sunday, June 29, 2008

Too Hot to Sleep

I've been trying a new strategy when it comes to heat this weekend: be happy for those who are enjoying the weather. Its a sort of "rejoice with those who rejoice" type of approach and is very different than my normal perspective. Any of you who know me, know that I'm not, nor have I ever been, a hot weather guy. I can't explain it, but I just really like the cool and the rain. Yes, I like sunny days too, but sunny and 75, not blindingly bright and roasting.

But really, I'm trying to be excited for those people who really like this weather. Our attendance lady at school, for example. While I don't think she has SAD, her mood is very closely tied to the weather and she craves the sun in a way I've never seen before. So for her sake (and she's a hoot, by the way), I'm glad for the weather we've had this weekend.

As for me, however, the worst part of hot weather is not the temperature, its not the sweat, its not your clothes sticking to your skin, its not the furnace that every car becomes. No, its the nights that never cool off. Those nights are so hard to sleep through, and I really like my sleep. Like last night, for example, I don't think it dipped below 80 until after midnight. Yuck! Its supposed to get cooler tonight, but a layer of clouds has rolled in and it makes me aprehensive.

In fact, I've been out late enough this week that I was mentally ready to go to bed about now (10:30), but because its still so hot, I'd never get to sleep. Ah well, que cera, cera.

And that reminds me (I'm writing this post as something to do while I wait for it to cool down), sometimes its weird writing a blog since I have no idea if people read it or not. Ben and I were talking about this recently. He knows people read his blog, but he doesn't often get feedback for certain types of writting, so he doesn't know for sure what people think about it. For me, I'm so sporadic in the times I post (ie never during the school-year) that people don't check it regularly. This doesn't bother me, since I don't post regularly. : ) But it does make me wonder if anyone reads it when I do post, or if they do, how old is the post by the time they read?

Oh the wonders of the blogging world! Oh, and in case you're wondering, we're down to about 2 weeks before I leave for a month.

1 comments

1 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Karen said...

yep, some people do read your blog...at least one! bloglines is great =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home