Saturday, July 21, 2007

Deathly Hallows #2

Chapter 6&7
I'm more interested in the events of chapter 7, to be honnest. The 4 willed objectes from Dumbeldore are quite intriging. I want to make something significant from the comments left in the will about the objects: Ron - "in the hope that he will remember me when he uses it". I wonder if something about Dumbledore allows the device to do something else? Or perhaps something Dumbledore did/said will help remind Ron of something later? Hermione - "in the hope that she will find it entertaining and instructive", emphasis on the instructive, is my guess. Sounds like its a type of Asop's Fables type book, so there are probably morals in each story that may have some significance for what they are trying to do? Harry - "as a reminder of the rewards of perserverance and skill." Perhaps to encourage him to to keep at the Horcrux search? I also wonder if there's actually something inside as opposed to some clue or something like that inside? I dunno.

And on a similar vein, what's w/ Lupin and Tonks? Not in the best standing w/ Scrimgour, eh? Oh, its nice to see the first few mysteries from this book surface! I'm sure it'll take at least to halfway thru the book before we find the answers to most of these questions!

Chapter 8
Just a few comments. First off, Dumbledore is definatly still an important part of the story, which I like very much. I'm bothered, however, at Harry's willingness to believe the worst about Dumbledore. I do understand that he's getting new details that don't make sense yet, but if he's really "Dumbledore's man, through and through," he'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Granted, he's not hating or dis-believing Dumbledore, but he's definatly questioning. And doesn't he realize that the source of all this information is someone who believes all that Rita Skeeter writes? Definatly not trust-worthy source, though I'm sure there is some truth in it.

And Scrimgour dead, ministry fallen...interesting to see what will follow...

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home