Thursday, July 19, 2007

End in Sight

I was going thru my calendar today to coordinate one of my friends coming up to visit (ok, so he's really coming to see Ben, but I'm pretending he's coming to see me), and I realized that my summer is nearly over already.

Really, I'm about half-way thru it, but when I look at the time I have left to do things I want to do, I'm almost out of it. This is a bit discouraging as I haven't done any of the things I have on my list to accomplish this summer. Don't get me wrong, in no way do I feel like I've wasted my time this summer. On the contrary, I feel like I've spent my time really well so far this summer and regret none of the thigns I've done. Its just that there are things I don't have time to do during the school year that I was hoping to do in the summer, and so far, none of them are done.

Speaking of the school year, for a few moments today I actually thought: I don't really want to go back to work. I don't mean the standard "I don't want to go to work" that everyone feels, it was more a feeling of actually enjoying myself alot more now that I have some freedom and can see people and be involved in church and such that I really miss during the school year. I just told myself that I also really enjoy my job and love teaching science, which is true. I need to work harder this next year at working less (yes, I realize the irony in that statement).

As far as my animation class, it's really going quite well. I'm enjoying it and learning alot. I'm not so bad at programming, it turns out. Granted we're not doing anything that's all too complicated, but still. Tomorrow we begin brainstorming a module or two to design for use in the classroom, so I actually have to make something worth-while instead of my animated TIE fighter I've been working on the last few days...

1 comments

1 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Blogger Ian said...

That's no animation, that's a space station!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home