Monday, July 09, 2007

Jury Duty Day 1

I have sucessfully completed my first day of jury duty without being on a jury. I was actually in the very first group of people selected to be selected for a jury, but after nearly all day, was excused because they had enough people.

The whole experience was really interesting, albeit slow. Listening to the lawyers' quesitons and seeing the way they presented themselves was very educational. I know I shouldn't base my whole view of lawyers and the judicial system on my one afternoon in a cortroom, but here are some things I noticed right away:

-The prosecuter for the state was very factual and to the point.
-The defence atorney for the defendant was very emotional and touchy-feely
-This was a real man and potentially a real event that the jury would have to rule on
-There are a percentage higher than I thought who have personal experience (themselves or someone close to them) who have delt with sexual abuse of some kind

There are probably many other things that went on that I'll realize as I continue to process, but those are the initial insights I've had.

I'm probably headding out to the hospital tonight to see Ben. When I talked to him at lunch, his thrush was back and it was painful to talk agian, so you could be praying that God would clear that up quickly. Thanks!

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home