Wednesday, July 23, 2008

5 Hours Times 3

About 2 hours ago I finished my 3rd 5 hour drive between Seattle and Spokane since Sunday. The workshop that I'm at did something that's cool, but has a downside to it over the last 2 days.

VERY early Tuesday morning we boarded a bus and drove out to Seattle. Once we got there (5 hours later) we toured 2 different biotechnology companies/institutions where they gave us information about what they do and how we can be preparing our students for work in those fields. We did nearly the same thing all day today, visiting another 2 places before getting back on the bus for another 5 hour trip back to Spokane. Again, the tours and information I learned was really interesting, cool, and valuable, and I think it can help motivate my teaching in new and exciting ways, so that's cool.

The other thing that was cool was that last night Paul was kind enough to drive out to UW (where we stayed - side note about that: the UW dorms we were in were awful! I've been in quite a few dorms visiting friends over the years, but these were gross and would turn nearly anyone off of dorm life). We just hung out and talked for a few hours. Between our two schedules, we've not had much of a chance to catch up for a few months, so it was a really good time. I also really appreciate that he kept me company when I would have been alone and bored that evening otherwise.

Oh, and it's confirmed: I don't have a roommate at all. : ) Its cool when God does the little things for you.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home