Thursday, September 01, 2005

Welcome 8th Graders

Today was the first day of class with students (yesterday was the first day of school, but only 7th graders were there, and there were no regular classes). For the most part the day was good. We have heard very good things from the 7th grade teachers about this class, so I have high hopes. The only downside to today was the fact that I'm so dang tired. Working M's games during the week is just not helpful for the sleep-factor. Oh well, yesterday was my last M's game of the season, so I won't have to worry about that.

I'm really starting to dig into lesson planning, though I won't start teaching whole classes until about the 3rd week of September. I just finished a draft of the Mass, Volume, Density lab a few minutes ago. It was tricky to get it to do what I wanted, and I'm not convinced it's quite there yet. I'll see what my CT has to say about it tomorrow (she always has good suggestions).

I'm looking forward to the weekend where I'm actually not working at all (a first since the summer began), though I will have nonwork-work to do Sunday to set up for the praise and baptism. But since there's no school on Monday (Labor Day) I'll have time to recover before returning. Let's just hope I'm smart and get decent sleep instead of staying up real late. It took me about 2 weeks to get into a good sleep schedule last May, so that's what I'm figuring now. As long as I'm in the groove by the time I start teaching I'll be happy.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home