Wednesday, August 10, 2005

HP Update #5

Alright, I've been getting a little bored w/ the story, waiting for some good stuff to happen (see previous post), but now I'm getting a bit more excited. Not a lot of progress, but at least there are attempts...

Chapter 15:
Ok, Rowlwing is doing a very good job of making us think that Snape is a bad guy. Though I still stand by my previous assertion that Snap is no more bad than he's been in the past. He's not exactally a good character, but he's at least not w/ Voldemort, I don't think. Harry's vendetta agianst him I don't think will really prove true. Though it's interresting that we still don't know why Dumbledore trusts Snape. I wonder if the whole thing would look different if we knew that...

Chapter 16:
This is where it starts to get a bit better. First off, Harry looks at the date of the HBP's potions book to discover it's 50 years old. If I remember right, that makes him a contemporary of Voldemort. Although, I still think it could be Snape or Lily Potter. Who's to say they didn't get a used book? Or maybe Lily got the HBP's book and that's why she was so good at potions? I just think Lily is connected somehow, since Slughorn keeps mentioning how good she was at potions. I guess there's just a part of me that wants to believe it's Snape, just 'cause that'd be cool and ironic.

The second interesting development in this chapter is the incounter w/ Scrimgeour. First off it's good to know that he's no better than Fudge (possibly worse because he actually has a spine). Also I love how Harry stands up to him. It's a huge development from book 5 when Harry looses his temper all the time. Instead, it seem's he's taken a page from Dumbledore's book and remains calm, light, friendly, but firm. I love how he just throws stuff right back and Scrimgeour, especially the part about Umbridge and how the ministry didn't back him up the previous year. Good for you Harry! It's cool too that Harry's standing up for Dumbledore, even though he doesn't know the whole picture and Dumbeldore isn't confiding everything in him. Harry's trust of Dumbledore seems to be very strong in every area...except when it comes to Snape. : ) But who can blame him, right?

Labels:

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home