Saturday, August 28, 2004

2 Heads better than 1?

That's what they say, but I'm not sure that applies to baseball games. Today marked the first ever double header in Safeco Field history. Something new for all of us working there, myself included. Thankfully, I wasn't there for all 12 innings of the second game. I got to leave about 6pm to head out to Snoqualmie for Megan and Jeff's engagement party. So I was only at the Safe for 7 hours. : )

The party was cool. Got to have some good ice cream and lots of great toppings, and I got to see Megan, Jeff, Ingrid, and James. Granted, there were other people at the party, but most of them were family of Megan and Jeff, so I didn't really know them. That's ok, I still had a good time and it game me a good excuse to see some friends. : )

The one part of the party that got me a bit nervous was the required craft (Gary said we couldn't leave until we completed the craft). I'd try to explain it to you, but seeing as I had trouble understanding it myself until I saw it, you'll just have to imagine something involving fingers, paint, a platter, and ice cream.

Tomorrow morning I'm running sound for "big church" which involves getting there early. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm always nervous, especially since I haven't done it in a while. I hope I can remember how to do everything, especially using the compressor and how to make the CD burner work to record the message. Oh well, I'll do my best, and that's all I can do! After church I get to rush over to Safeco Field again to work the M's game. I guess whoever was supposed to be there can't be, so I'll get there when I can and work 'till the game's over. Never a dull moment for me!

And just for those who are wondering, my UW orientation for the MIT program is Tuesday, on which day I'll find out about my first field experience: when I start and what school I'll be in. I'll keep ya'll posted when I know more.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home